We want to help students feel in control of their revision.
At Adapt, our mission is to help students take the first step. Whether it’s facing a daunting project, a stressful assignment or a difficult task, we exist to get you started.
- Why did you want to build Adapt?
- I’m a teeeny bit obsessed with productivity. So, seeing my friends at school, uni and work making endless plans on paper (and not actually doing any work), made it pretty clear to me that I can help. Also, I’m a tech geek 🤓.
- What was the most frustrating thing for you at school?
- How you’re taught HUGE amounts of content, but hardly any real world skills. Like, say, how the hell do you plan work?
- Current Netflix obsession?
- Mad Men if I’m not watching the Peep Show.
- Why are you here, building Adapt, today?
- I’m here because I’m an English teacher (Romeo, Gatsby, Inspector Goole 👌🏻😍❤️) and I got so sad saying to my students every April, “Make a revision timetable!” and having them look back at me with these sad eyes, silently begging “Please, just do it for me.” So I did.
- What did you wish you knew when you were doing your exams?
- How much the examiners genuinely want you to pass. I’m an examiner now, and so much of our training is about giving students the benefit of the doubt, trying really hard to find marks to award in every answer. We’re rooting for you!
- Which Hogwarts house would you be in?
- Oh, Ravenclaw till I die. I still get quite angry that Hermione wasn’t in Ravenclaw. Ditto McGonagall, my spirit animal slash queen.
- What are you passionate about?
- Mental health! I’ve researched mental health in young adults for 5 years now, and I’m interested in how we can combat burnout and exam stress to prevent students from experiencing depression or anxiety later on.
- What’s your top revision tip?
- Never put anything in your notes that you don’t understand. Honestly- this forced me to actually learn what I was writing.
- Where’s your happy place?
- Definitely Hampstead Heath on one of the first days of summer… with ice cream of course!
- What do you love about Adapt?
- The way it uses technology to make a long and boring job quick and easy. That’s why I love tech; it makes people’s lives easier.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- Write music. I’m a composer when I’m not coding, and if I didn’t have to sleep I might actually get my masterpiece finished.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
- My piano. I use it to destress after a long day.