We want to help students feel in control of their time.
At Adapt, our mission is to help students stay on top of their work. Whether it’s starting a new independent project, completing a school assignment or tackling a difficult task, we exist to keep you on track and productive.
- Why are you here, building Adapt, today?
- I’m a secondary school teacher, and I got so worried when schools closed that students wouldn't know how to structure their time and would end up falling behind.
- What did you wish you knew when you were doing your exams?
- How much teachers genuinely want you to do well. All that setting work, keeping you busy, it's to help you succeed. We’re rooting for you!
- Which Hogwarts house would you be in?
- Ravenclaw till I die. I still get angry that Hermione wasn’t in Ravenclaw. Ditto McGonagall, my spirit animal.
- What are you passionate about?
- Mental health! I’ve researched mental health in young adults for 5 years now, and I’m interested in how we can combat burnout and exam stress to prevent students from experiencing depression or anxiety later on.
- What’s your top study tip?
- Never put anything in your notes that you don’t understand. Honestly- this forced me to actually learn what I was writing.
- Where’s your happy place?
- Definitely Hampstead Heath on one of the first days of summer… with ice cream of course!
- What do you love about Adapt?
- The way it uses technology to make a long and boring job quick and easy. That’s why I love tech; it makes people’s lives easier.
- If you didn’t have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
- Write music. I’m a composer when I’m not coding, and if I didn’t have to sleep I might actually get my masterpiece finished.
- What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
- My piano. I use it to destress after a long day.
Head of Sales and Partnerships
- What is your role?
- I am responsible for leading the development of new opportunities, primarily through building relationships with new and existing partners.
- What was the most frustrating thing for you at school?
- How you’re taught HUGE amounts of content, but hardly any real world skills. Like, say, how the hell do you plan work?
- All time favorite meal?
- A seafood restaurant on the south coast of Sri Lanka, I think it was called Mali’s. Was unbelievable.